The onset of the global pandemic, in its first year, has hit the automotive industry in a very bad manner. It has given rise to problems like the scarcity in the availability of semiconductors and chips, and in turn, closing down of various outlets, a major downfall in the sales of cars has also been noticed. The hike in fuel price has added fuel to the already burning situation. But as the pandemic stepped into and entered its second year, 2021, the scenario of manufacturing cars has gone up a bit, and it is a witness to the launching of many new and updated cars.
The following is the list of a few cars that are expected to be released and launched in the upcoming days of the year:
1. Tata Tigor EV Facelift :
One of the most awaited members of the Tata family, the Tata Tigor EV facelift is coming with an upgraded Ziptron technology. It looks, definitely more appealing with its signature Teal Blue carcass. It is loaded with cool features like projector headlamps, foldable OEVMs, alloy wheels, and blue inserts which will help in highlighting its electrical temperament. It takes its strength from an IP67 which has received a rating of 26kWh lithium-ion battery pack with exhibits 74bhp and 170Nm peak torque. It supports CCS2 charging and can be pumped up by using a 15A plug point. It will take 8.5 hours (approximately) to get charged from 0 to about 80 percent.
- Tata Motors boasts of a sprint time of 0 to 60 kmph in about 5.7 secs
- The interiors come with a dual black and beige theme furnished with a seven-inch Harman touchscreen infotainment system, a height-adjustable driver seat, four speakers and tweeters, automatic climate control, push start/stop button, etc.
- The Tigor EV is expected to be delivered to the automobile market by the end of August, under Rs.10 Lakh price bracket.
2. Hyundai i20 N Line:
Hyundai has confirmed the launch of its new i20 N line in India, by the end of this month or the beginning of September. The company has got down to business by opening the booking lines of this 5 seater for Rs. 25000 with an estimated price of Rs. 11-13 lakh.
- This version of the car is surely, a much stylish up-gradation than the standard one, aided with a new front grille, red front brake calipers, all four disc brakes, side sills red accent along with red accents for the bumpers in the front and back.
- The interiors will be clad in a posh all-black theme, leather seats with red stitching. It will come with red ambient lighting, metal paddle, paddle shifters, puddle lamps with welcome function. The cherry on the top is the voice-enabled smart electric sunroof.
- It will draw its power from the existing 1.0 litre Turbo GDI engine. The power outputs, as well, remain the same at 118bhp and a 172Nm of torque. The transmissions options are being kept at an offer which is including a six-speed iMT and the seven-speed DCT unit.
3. Volkswagen Taigun
Volkswagen has slid into the list of most awaited cars with its mid-size SUV, the Taigun. The newest member of the family is expected to be making its grand entry by the middle, or the end of September.
- The Upfront of the car resembles the standard models, however, the single slat chrome grille with its square-shaped LED headlamps looks quite unique. The silver roof rails have an addition of a contrast black roof hinted towards a panoramic sunroof on the top spectrum view of the SUV.
- The rear portion of the model sports a black portion that hosts the Led tail lamps with a thin red strip dashing across the boot line.
- The engine will have two options, both of them will hold a capacity of 1.0 litre TSI and a 1.5 litre TSI petrol engine. The former one will be capable of generating 115bhp/175 Nm of torque, with a six-speed manual unit and a six-speed torque converter automatic unit. The later one will be more powerful with 159bhp/250 Nm torques mated to a six-speed manual and a seven unit DSG automatic unit.
- The 5 seater SUV will have a market price of Rs. 11-16 lakhs.
4. Mahindra XUV700
The following XUV is going to succeed the existing XUV500, thus expanding the horizon of the Market of Mahindra cars, in the country.
- It is going to sport a new logo. The large LED headlamps feature DRLs while the fog lights are placed at the lower half of the bumper. A set of five twins spoke alloy will help the XUV to run. A dual-tone finish with a highlighted boot-mounted number plate is going to enhance the looks of the car.
- The interior of the car is going to have a black and beige theme for its cabin along with a dual HD color screen. The screen is expected to perform the functions of an important cluster and an infotainment system. This new generation XUV is going to be available in both petrol and diesel engines. The diesel variant is going to have a 2,2 litre mHawk Turbo engine, while the SUV is going to get a 2.0 litre turbo petrol engine.
- This 5 seater beast is expected to cost Rs. 13-20 lakhs and is probably going to be launched by the month of September.
5. MG Astor
The following MG ZS-based SUV is making its debut as the first Astor in India. This model will sport a personal AI assistant capable of detecting human-like emotions, voices and providing detailed information with the help of Wikipedia. It will be aided with an autonomous level 2 system, that uses mid-range radars and a multi-performance camera that provides a wide range of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), specially designed for Indian circumstances.
This model is available with two engines, a 1.5 litre VTi motor, and a 1.3 litre turbo petrol motor. The former one holds the capability of producing 118bhp with a torque of 150 Nm. The latter one is made to produce 161bhp and a torque of 230Nm. Many other features are unknown at this moment, but it is known that the transmission options include a five-speed manual unit and a six-speed automatic unit.
The vehicle is a 5 seater with a market price of Rs. 10-17 lakh. It is expected to make its grand entry by the Diwali of 2021.