TIPS FOR FORD ASPIRE MAINTENANCE
Everyone’s dream car comprises of three points namely: elegant looks, luxurious and affordable. Ford India with its sedan, FORD ASPIRE has made this aspiration to reality. FORD ASPIRE is available in petrol and diesel variants with 1499 cc and 1194 cc engines respectively. Its on-road price range between 7 to 9 lakhs approximately, makes it a pocket-friendly sedan. Luxurious the car more is the maintenance responsibility that comes with it. In this blog, we bring to you some self-care tips for FORD ASPIRE MAINTENANCE. These tips can lower the maintenance cost, prevent the malfunctioning of the car and provide a comfortable journey for a long time.
SELF CARE TIPS FOR FORD ASPIRE MAINTENANCE
1. CHECKING VARIOUS OILS AND FLUIDS FOR FORD ASPIRE MAINTENANCE
The use of fluids lubricates the components. It also enhances their smooth function. Hence, enhancing the overall performance of the car. Therefore, it becomes extremely vital to check that the following fluids are well maintained in your ASPIRE.
To check for Engine oil
- Firstly, make sure that the car is at the ground level.
- Secondly, allow the engine to cool down for at least 15 minutes after switching it on before starting the process. This will allow oil to drain into the oil pan.
- Finally, clean the dipstick with a clean cloth of any dirt or dust. Put the dipstick in the oil compartment.
- The level of oil should be between MAX and MIN levels. Add the oil if it is near the MIN level up to the MAX level. Remember not to overflow the oil.
To check for Engine coolant
- Ensure that the coolant level is between MAX and MIN levels.
- Fluids expand after heating so ensure to not let the level go beyond the MAX level.
- Do not allow the fluid to touch your skin and eyes. This can cause serious damages to your body. If so happens, immediately consult a physician.
- Moreover, make sure that the coolant is properly diluted before adding it. It should be 50% coolant and 50% water. Undiluted coolant can cause a fire if split on the exhaust due to its flammable nature.
- Use only the recommended brake fluid. Any other fluid can affect the efficiency of the vehicle.
- Further, make sure to use the fluid from a sealed container only. As contamination of any foreign substance in the brake fluid can lead to the failure of brakes.
- There is no need to add any more fluid if it is already between the MAX and MIN range. This is the normal operating range. If this range is not maintained, then it can compromise the functioning of your car.
2. CARE OF THE CAR BATTERY FOR FORD ASPIRE MAINTENANCE
- Make sure to disconnect the battery wires if the car is not in use for a long time.
- Further, ensure that the battery terminals are kept clean and properly greased.
- While changing the battery, remember to replace the battery with that of one containing the same specifications.
3. IMPORTANCE OF THE FUSE FOR FORD ASPIRE MAINTENANCE
If the electrical components of the car are not working, then there are chances that the fuse may have blown. In this case, it is advisable to first check the broken fuse before replacing the electrical component. Blown fuses are easily identifiable by the wires which break. Remember to always use a fuse with a specific amperage rating. Use of fuse higher than the specific rating can cause fire also.
4. CLEANING THE EXTERIOR
- It is recommendable to wash the car with car wash shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Do not scrape or use any kind of alcoholic, abrasive solvent on the headlamp lenses. Do not wipe it after washing also. This can cause scratches leading to the damage of lenses.
- It is advisable to wax the car twice a year to protect the car paint. Moreover, remember to never apply wax in extreme sunlight.
- Avoid applying wax polish to the windshield or the rear windows. This can make them noisy and can disrupt their functioning.
5. CLEANING THE INTERIORS
- Avoid soaking any surface with any kind of solvent.
- Further, avoid the use of household cleaning products to clean your car. This can damage the plastic consoles and dashboards and also the seat covers.
- Make sure to remove the dust with a brush or vacuum first.
- Then use a mild soap and water solution damped cloth to clean the surfaces.
- Wipe with a dry cloth immediately to avoid the formation of any pattern.
- Do not use any strong solvents near the airbags of the car. This can weaken the airbags restricting their function during an emergency.
- Do not use any kind of strong solvent to clean the LCD and radio screens. These abrasive substances can damage the screen.
- Use a damp cloth with mild soap to clean screens as well as seatbelts. Wipe with a dry cloth immediately after.
6. CLEANING THE ENGINE
- Do not use high-pressure water to clean the engine. The high pressure can damage the engine compartments by penetrating them.
- Do not spray cold water over a hot engine. Further, make sure to never spray water on the running engine. It can cause much internal damage to the engine.
- In addition to this, remember to cover the battery, power distribution box, and air filter before using water. This can prevent water damage.
- Switch the engine off before doing any kind of adjustments in the bonnet compartment.
- Make sure that all the caps are tightly fitted.
- Drive in the legal speed limit. Frequent overspeeding or rough handling of the car can decrease its life. It can also induce many problems in the car which are caused due to high speed costing hefty maintenance.
FORD ASPIRE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
Despite these routine self-care maintenance measures which must be followed at least once a month, professional service is essential. It is essential once after every 10,000 km or 1 year to detect the problems that are beyond the realm of the user. We at AutoFlipz provide complete service for your car at affordable prices.
- MINI COOPER, A THREE OR FIVE-DOOR LUXURIOUS HATCHBACK |FEATURES, AND SPECIFICATIONS| - November 22, 2021
- BMW X8 A FLAGSHIP SUV BY THE GERMAN COMPANY ALL SET TO LAUNCH IN INDIA - November 20, 2021
- Toyota Hyryder The Hybrid Type Model Of Urban Cruiser To Launch In India Soon - November 20, 2021