Some things develop a legacy. With each generation, they are more and more preferred and loved. We are talking about Hyundai’s Santro car whose first-generation model was launched in 1998. 23 years and 2 generations of the car later, the car still enjoys a large fan base. This is probably due to two reasons. Firstly, the popularity of its first-generation model gave extremely comfortable seats. Secondly, the Hyundai Santro was a carrier of many emotions for many families. The maintenance of such a legendary car is a huge task in itself. This blog will tell you tips about your Hyundai Santro maintenance.
CARE TIPS FOR HYUNDAI SANTRO MAINTENANCE
1. CHECKING THE ENGINE OIL FOR HYUNDAI SANTRO MAINTENANCE
Car Oil lubricates the engine hence enhancing its functioning. Below are the steps that you can follow to check the engine oil in your Hyundai Santro:
- Start the engine. After five minutes when the engine reaches normal temperature, turn the ignition off.
- Take the dipstick which is present in the engine compartment. Clean it with a clean cloth.
- Insert the dipstick into the engine and take it out.
- A dipstick has L/F written on it. L indicates the lower level of the oil. Whereas F indicates the full level.
- The oil should be in between L and F levels.
- Make sure to not spill the oil from the dipstick to the nearby parts.
It is advisable to use the engine oil recommended by Hyundai. Also, make sure not to overfill the engine with oil. ENSURE TO GET THE ENGINE OIL OF YOUR SANTRO CHANGED AFTER EVERY 10,000 km or 1 year. The older the oil, the dirtier it gets. Dirty engine oil hampers the performance so the engine.
2. CARE OF AC FILTER
Once in a few months depending upon the distance you cover, clean the AC filter. This will help in reducing the noise of the AC compressor. When a car travels a long distance, dust particles that accumulate in the filter prohibit the AC from its normal working. Therefore, it is advisable to clean the filter after your Santro car travels a distance of 20,000 km.
Follow the following steps to clean your Santro’s AC filter:
- Open the AC filter and blow low pressure compressed air on both sides of the filter.
- Put the fins of the filter under running water. Scrub the filter clean using a brush.
CLIMATE AC FILTER should be changed for every 20,000KM OR 24 MONTHS. Whereas the AC FILTER should be changed for every 3 years or 30,000 km whichever comes earlier.
3. CHECKING THE ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL FOR HYUNDAI SANTRO MAINTENANCE
Coolant protects the engine from overheating. Hence protecting damage to the water pump, head gasket, and cylinder. The coolant level should be between the L(MIN) and F(MAX) levels. In case the level is low refill it to the F level but not more than that.
Also, take care to never open the radiator when the engine is in operation or is still hot.
4. CARE OF THE CAR TYRES FOR HYUNDAI SANTRO MAINTENANCE
Every time you go to a gas filling station, remember to ask the professional to check the tyre pressure. Abnormal tire pressure can lead to casualties. Moreover, ensure to get the wheel alignment checked once in a while.
5. CARE OF BATTERY FOR SANTRO CAR MAINTENANCE
- The battery should be kept clean and dry with its terminals greased. You can use terminal grease or petroleum jelly for greasing the battery terminals.
- Any electrolyte which is spilled from the battery should be rinsed using a solution of soda and water.
Further, make sure to disconnect the battery cables if the vehicle will not come in use for a long time. His will prevent the battery from discharging.
6. INTERIOR CARE
- For any spills on the dashboard or the seats, immediately wipe the stain using a dry cloth. If the stain still doesn’t go, then you can try rubbing the stain with soap water. Immediately dry the area with a dry cotton cloth.
- Clean the carpet area of the car by dusting and cleaning the footpads.
7. EXTERIOR CARE
- Regularly clean and wash your car. This will prevent the accumulation of dust particles saving the outer body from corrosion.
- Use only car cleaning shampoo to clean the outer body.
- If the car will be out of use for a long period, cover the car with a car cover. This will again help in preventing dust accumulation. Further, it will save the car from rusting in winters.
HYUNDAI SANTRO MAINTENANCE COST
The cost of professional service for Hyundai Santro maintenance will be between 10,000- 15,000 rupees. This is the probable estimate for five years. While the actual cost will depend on the changing of parts during the car service.
It is very vital to send your car to a professional service center once a year at least. Or once it completes every 10,000 km to detect the problems if any.
We at AutoFlipz provide professional car cleaning services for all brands.
- MINI COOPER, A THREE OR FIVE-DOOR LUXURIOUS HATCHBACK |FEATURES, AND SPECIFICATIONS| - November 22, 2021
- BMW X8 A FLAGSHIP SUV BY THE GERMAN COMPANY ALL SET TO LAUNCH IN INDIA - November 20, 2021
- Toyota Hyryder The Hybrid Type Model Of Urban Cruiser To Launch In India Soon - November 20, 2021