Are you considering buying Tata hatchback cars but are confused between Tiago and Altroz? Both of them are excellent models with great build quality with Altroz competing with the likes of Maruti Baleno, Swift, and Toyota Glanza. Tiago comes with premium features too and is comparable to Renault Kwid, Maruti Celerio, and Maruti Swift which are some of the best cars available in that price range.
However, even though they both share similar features, there are some differences between the two. Let’s compare the two in terms of pricing, exterior make, interior and safety features to decide which one is the better fit for you!
Exterior of the Tata Cars-
Both the cars have quite an attractive make and model. The Altroz, being more expensive, has some obvious additions to its profiles. Though both cars look pretty similar from the front, Altroz has a clearly better-defined rear profile. With a length of 3990 mm, the Altroz stands longer than Tiago with a length of 3765 mm. Altroz has a width of 1755 mm while Tiago stands at 1677 mm. The height difference between the two, though not much, seems quite pronounced with the Altroz at 1523 mm and the Tiago at 1535 mm. Tiago also has a better ground clearance with 170 mm while the Altroz has a ground clearance of 165 mm.
Both of them come with-
- adjustable headlights
- front fog lights
- power adjustable rearview mirror
- electric folding rearview mirror
- rear window wipers, rear window washers, and rear window defogger
- alloy wheels
- power antenna and rear spoiler.
Some of the features exclusive to the Altroz are
- rear fog lights
- chrome garnish
- cornering foglamps
- LED DRLs
- body-colored bumpers, body-colored door handles
- piano black ORVM with chrome accents
- dual chamber projector headlamps
- piano black applique on tailgate and spoiler
Some of the features that are exclusive to the Tiago are
- chrome grille,
- outside rearview mirror turn indicators,
- stylish body-colored bumper,
- the chrome strip on the front grille,
- integrated spoiler with spats,
- sporty R15 dual-toned alloy wheels
- tinted glass windows
Moreover, both these Tata cars are available in several color options. The Altroz is available in High Gold, Midtown Grey, Downtown Red, Avenue White, Harbour Blue, Premium Cosmo Dark. You can purchase the Tiago in Flame Red, Pearlescent White, Pure Silver, Arizona Blue, or Daytona Grey.
Interior of the Tata Cars–
Interestingly, both of these Tata cars contain impressive interiors with a
- electronic multi tripmeter
- glove compartment
- digital clock, digital odometer
- height-adjustable driver seats
- front USB charger
- climate control, rear-seat headrest
- dual-tone dashboard
Some of the features that are found exclusively in Tata Altroz are
- leather upholstery
- premium black and grey interiors
- classic satin chrome finish dashboard layout
- flat-bottom steering wheel
- mood lighting and rear AC vents
- height-adjustable front seat belt
- remote trunk opener and a boot space of 345 litres
- central console armrest with storage
- 90-degree opening doors
- flat rear floor
- idle start-stop function
- trunk light, remote horn, and light control
Features you can find exclusively in the Tiago are
- integrated neck rest
- driver’s footrest
- dual-tone interior theme and door pockets with bottle holder
- a tablet storage space in the glove box
- segmented DIS display
- colored side air vents with chrome finish.
The safety features common to both Tata cars are
- Anti-lock braking system
- central locking
- power door locks
- child safety locks
- driver and passenger airbags
- day and night rearview mirror
- passenger side rear view
- front and side-impact beams and seat belt warning
Other features such as engine immobilizer, crash sensors, centrally mounted fuel tank, and engine check warnings also optimize the security provided by these Tata cars.
The features exclusive to Altroz are Key Lockout Protection, dual horn, remote vehicle control through smartphone, stolen vehicle tracking, and live vehicle diagnostics.
The Tiago comes with corner stability control, a puncture repair kit, and a key reminder.
The Altroz comes with a 1.2 litre turbo engine while Tiago has a 1.2 litre revotron. Both of them are 3 cylinder engines with slightly different power outputs but with an equal displacement of 1199 cc. The former generates a maximum power of approximately 108 BHP while the latter generates 84.8 BHP. Both Tata cars contain a 5-speed gearbox but Altroz has manual transmission while Tiago has an automatic transmission.
Now, let’s talk prices. With all the added features, it is obvious that Altroz would be priced higher as well. It has an ex-showroom price range of 5.84 to 9.59 lakhs. Tata Tiago has a price range of 4.99 to 7.04 lakhs. The lower variants of the Altroz fall in the same price range as the higher variants of Tiago. This is reflected in the features available in both models.
In conclusion, it wouldn’t be fair to compare the two Tata cars as Altroz is sure to have more added features due to it being in the higher price range. However, both the cars are excellent in design and performance. The competition between the two is a close one and if your budget allows you to opt for higher variants of Tiago, it would be advisable to have a look at the Altroz as well.
Moreover, if bigger dimensions are a must need for you, Altroz should be your choice. Regardless of a few pros and cons, both these cars are premium hatchbacks. If that is what you’re looking you, run to your nearest dealership and get your hands on these Tata Motor cars.
- Tata Safari Maintenance Tips To Ensure Excellent Performance - November 18, 2021
- Tata Nexon Maintenance Tips- Here is All You Should Know - November 11, 2021
- Hyundai Creta Maintenance- Tips And Tricks To Help You Keep Your Creta In Its Peak Condition - November 9, 2021