Many people aren’t aware that Maruti Suzuki has already released the Splash in India. It was released with the name of Ritz. Maruti Suzuki Ritz started in 2009 but its production ended by 2017. It was because Maruti felt that Ritz is unable to compete with the emerging cars. Ritz was not only a competitor to Hyundai i10 and Ford Figo but also the home manufactured Swift!!!
From being an unstoppable tailgate, the Maruti- A-Star car failed. The reason is, Maruti Suzuki realized that the Indian market is not ready for a car that won’t be able to fit 4 people. It might have got good features but with losing the market to Hyundai i10, Maruti realized to let go. Further, it decided to regain the position of the company in the segment with the launch of another version. Due to this reason, Maruti Suzuki introduced Ritz in the Indian market in 2009.
ENGINE AND PETROL
The Diesel engine was 1248cc while the petrol engine was 1197cc. It gave a mileage of 17.1 to 23.2 kmpl. Also, it was available in both manual and automatic transmission.
PRICE RANGE OF THE MARUTI SUZUKI RITZ
The price range started from Rs. 4.63 Lakh and it went up to Rs. 7.40 Lakh. It was available in nine variants of which 8 were manual and 1 was automatic. Fiat’s 1.3L Multijet diesel engine powers the diesel variants of the Maruti Ritz.
COLORS OF THE MARUTI SUZUKI RITZ
What adds to the look and elegance of anything is colors. A single pop of color makes a monotonous thing bright. Also, for the cars, the color becomes a deciding factor in purchasing. Maruti Suzuki Ritz came in 6 colors which were :
- Superior White
- Bakers Chocolate
- Silky Silver
- New Mystique Red
- New Granite Grey.
DIMENSION AND CAPACITY OF MARUTI SUZUKI RITZ
Maruti Ritz gave the Max Power of (bhp@rpm) 85.80bhp@ 6000 rpm and max torque (nm@rpm)- 114Nm @ 4000rpm.
The length of the car was 3775mm. While the width of Ritz was 1680mm. With a height of1590mm, it had a wheelbase of 2360mm. The Front Tread and the Rear Tread of the car were 1470 mm and 1480 mm respectively. Moreover, the car had a Gross weight of 1430kg.
INTERIORS OF THE MARUTI SUZUKI RITZ
- Ritz had attractive comfortable interiors with fabric upholstery on the seats. Further, it has 40:60 split and fold-down rear seats. This gives further boot space in the car.
- Maruti believes in providing comfort to the passengers especially the driver who has to sit erect. Keeping the comfort level of the driver in mind, Maruti has introduced height-adjustable driver seats. Further, Ritz also has power steering.
- Further, the car had four speakers. This will enrich your experience in the car. The presence of four speakers will give a good musical experience while driving. Ideal way of a long drive, isn’t it?
- Moreover, Ritz came equipped with an electronic Multi- Trip-meter.
- Also, the car has got a glove Compartment as well as a Digital Clock and Digital Odometer. Further, a remote fuel lid opener is present in this car
- Maruti Ritz had one of the most powerful steerings. Also, Ritz had Air Conditioner and Heater for a smooth ride. Further, it had an accessory power outlet. Cup Holders were also present in the front portion of the Maruti Ritz.
EXTERIORS OF THE MARUTI SUZUKI RITZ
- Ritz has adjustable Headlights and manually Adjustable Ext. Rear View Mirror. This helps in clear vision during the day as well as at night.
- Further, Maruti has provided Wheel covers and a power antenna with the ritz.
- Moreover, the ritz has a rounded sloping hood with grills which enhances its look. Ritz radiates that young, classy vibes from it.
SAFETY AND SECURITY FEATURES IN THE MARUTI SUZUKI RITZ
- Ritz covered a Central Locking system. Even for your child, it had Child Safety locks too with an Anti- Theft Alarm! Moreover, it has fog lights to help navigate in the foggy weather without accidents. Also, it has airbags that can be life-saving in emergencies.
- In addition to these, the most important safety feature in the ritz is the ABS. ABS stands for Anti Brake locking system which prevents the locking of brakes when sudden brakes are applied. ABS works with the help of Electronic brake force distribution (EBD) and brake assist features. It helps in preventing the locking of breaks and eventually the skidding of the vehicle.
Ritz was on a roll, and then Maruti decided to introduce a facelift in Ritz back in 2012. Inside the facelift, it had some small changes like lumbar support at the rear seats and a good audio system with USB support. Also, the model of 2015, Ritz was based on a similar technical engine specification as its predecessor. Ritz was most likely to sport new alloy wheels and seat upholstery.
But sometimes, good things come to an end. In 2017, Maruti Ritz discontinued as it couldn’t retain the market existence and later lost its rivals.
Fun Fact: – Ritz was so successful in the first three years of release that it sold more than 200,000 without the support of any advertisement campaign.
Also Read: Major maintenance tips for Maruti Ritz that can prevent major repair loss on the AutoFlipz Blog page.
- Top-10 Car Units sold in September 2021 - October 22, 2021
- Technology enabled Tools That Have Spiked The Growth of AutoFlipz - October 9, 2021
- How To Increase Life Of Car Tyres- Find it Out HERE - September 25, 2021