Maruti Versa Features, Price, and Specification 2021
Maruti Versa was launched amid hype back in 2001. Versa was a predecessor of Eeco. To make sure it reaches the heart of the Indian market it was launched by Amitabh Bachhan as the brand ambassador. But Maruti discontinued the Versa in 2010. However, later Maruti upgraded the features and released it as Maruti Omni, a family van that was immensely loved.
Why did Maruti Suzuki Versa discontinue?
It was discontinued from the Indian auto market because of its low sales and cold market response. For a family ride, the vehicle was indefinite and by the same amount, they could have easily enjoyed Sedan. Due to diminished sales, Maruti Suzuki thought of re-launching Versa with a lower price of about Rs. 4 Lakh. But all the efforts were insufficient because the overall sales dropped sharply. Despite being discontinued it did provide sufficient insight to the manufacturer about the customer demands that drove to Indian industry.
This minivan had a 5-8 seater capacity and came with the Petrol Engine. Further, the engine displacement of the petrol engine was 1298cc and came with manual transmission.
The length of this car was 3675mm, the width of about 1475mm, and the wheelbase of 2350mm. additionally, Versa gave a maximum power output of 83.1 @6000(PS@RPM. Further, Versa’s maximum torque was about 10.4 @3000(kgm@rpm).
MARUTI VERSA MILEAGE
Versa gave a mileage of 11.3kmpl. in simple words, mileage is the distance that a vehicle covers in 1 liter of fuel. Mileage is the same as the fuel efficiency of a car. Further, the mileage given by a car depends upon the driving conditions. Also, car maintenance plays a very vital role in determining the mileage. A well-maintained car will eventually yield more mileage.
Colors add a vibe and a touch of homeliness and comfort to everything. It makes the monotonous look bright. Also, the color becomes a major deciding factor while purchasing a factor. As when you buy a car, the color of your car not only makes the car attractive. But also it screams out your personality to the world.
Versa came in 5 different colors like
- Metallic Black,
- Midnight Black,
- Metallic Silky Silver,
- Superior White,
- Metallic Pearl Silver,
- Metallic Icy Blue.
MARUTI VERSA PRICE AND VARIANTS
Maruti Suzuki Versa price range started from Rs. 3.86 Lakh and went up to Rs.5.16 Lakh. The price further depended upon the variant of the car.
The Maruti Versa was available in various Manual Petrol variants:
- Versa DX 5 Seater BSII
- Std BSII
- Versa Std. (5 Seater) BSIII
- Versa DX1 8 Seater
- BS III DX1 8 SEATER SINGLE A/C
- Versa DX
- DX BSII
- Versa DX2
- DX2 8 SEATER BSIII
- Versa DX2 BS-II
MARUTI VERSA FEATURES
- The interior of this car includes a digital clock, quality fabric upholstery, tachometer, and adjustable steering column.
- Further, Maruti Suzuki Versa came with a fuel tank capacity of 40 liters. In normal driving conditions, it also offered a fuel efficiency of about 11.0 kmpl.
- Also, Maruti Versa had a rack and pinion steering gear type. With ventilated disc front brakes and rear drum brakes, versa gave a turning radius of 4.5 meters.
- Moreover, Versa came with McPherson Strut with a torsion-type roll control device as the front suspension. While it had Coil Spring with a three-link rigid axle & an isolated trailing arm as the rear suspension.
- Also, Versa provided wheel covers. Further, Versa could attain a topmost speed of 150 kilometers per hour. Also, Versa complied with the BSIII norms. Now, these norms are outdated but at the time when Versa was last sold, it was well updated with the then prevalent BSIII norms. Head to the introduction of the blog to know what are the BS norms. Also, it will help you understand the need for BS norms.
- Versa being a Multi-Purpose vehicle ensured the safety of the passengers as it offered several safety features like brakes assist, halogen headlamps, engine immobilizer, child safety locks, and rear seat belts.
Versa had limited features due to its obsolete model with had no latest technologies. This was one of the reasons of the cold response towards the car. Since there are cars with better technologies at the same price.
Also Read: Maruti car maintenance tips on the AutoFlipz Blog page.
- Top-10 Car Units sold in September 2021 - October 22, 2021
- Technology enabled Tools That Have Spiked The Growth of AutoFlipz - October 9, 2021
- How To Increase Life Of Car Tyres- Find it Out HERE - September 25, 2021