|S.NO||Model||March 2021||March 2020||Growth %YoY|
|8||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11,274||5,513||104.50|
|9||Hyundai Grand i10 Nios||11,020||4,293||156.70|
The top-10 cars sold in March’21 are here, and we can’t keep calm! The total cumulative car sales of 3, 20,487 units in March 2021 as compared to 1, 40,566 units sales in March 2020, thus registering a growth of 128%. The list shows a clear indication of the growth in the automobile industry.
Best selling cars
The list of the top-10 best-selling cars includes 7 models from the Maruti stable. The Swift continued to be the best-selling car in the country with 21,714 units. The Hyundai models in the top 10 list included Hyundai Creta, Hyundai Grand i10, and Hyundai Venue. Among these, the Hyundai i10 recorded the highest sales growth of 156.07%, but it still stands at the 9th position of top 10.
- The 153% sales growth of Swift is because of the 2021 Swift launch in India. With fresh features and updates, Swift in India sold 21,714 units in March 2021 as compared to 8,575 units sold last year.
- MARUTI Suzuki Baleno is the second bestseller in India. There is a 86% increase in the volume as compared to March 2020.
- The third best-selling car in March 2021 was the Wagon R with 105% growth with 18,757 units sales as compared to 9,151 units sales in March 2020.
- The entry-level product from Maruti Suzuki, the Alto marks the 4th position in the top-selling cars of March 2021. The company sold 17,401 in March 2021 as compared to March 2020, where they sold only 10,829. This marks the growth of 61%.
- Hyundai managed to come in Top-5 best-selling cars. The bestselling SUV, the Hyundai Creat ranks 5th position. Hyundai sold 12,640 units of the Creta in March 2021, whereas only 6,706 units were sold in March 2020. The reason for this growth can be attributed to the new-generation model which was launched in March 2020.
- The Maruti Suzuki Eeco still managed to be in the top 10 list because of its features and has been a popular choice in the commercial division. Maruti Eeco takes the 6th spot with 11,547 units sold in March 2021, whereas it sold 5,966 units in March 2020. This marks a growth of 93.55%.
- The Maruti Suzuki Dzire takes up the 7th rank, with 11,434 units sold in March 2021. There is a growth of 109% as only 5,476 units were sold in March 2020.
- Maruti Suzuki introduced Brezza facelift with a petrol engine in Auto Expo 2020, this led to a rise in sales in India. In March 2021 Vitara Brezza sold 11,274 units while it sold 5,513 units in March 2020, this marks a growth of 104% in sales.
- Hyundai Grand i10 takes the 9th position in the top-10 list. i10 Grand sold 11,020 units in March 2021 and this led to a growth of 157%. Hyundai Venue ranks 10th position by the sale of 10,722 units in March ’21 whereas Venue sold 6,127 units in March 2020, therefore registering a 75% growth in sales.
Here are the details of top cars sold in march’21 vs march’20
- Top-10 Car Units sold in September 2021 - October 22, 2021
- Technology enabled Tools That Have Spiked The Growth of AutoFlipz - October 9, 2021
- How To Increase Life Of Car Tyres- Find it Out HERE - September 25, 2021