Top 10 cars sold in 2021 January VS 2020
Here are the details about the Top 10 cars sold in 2021 in comparison with the Top 10 cars sold in 2020. The Indian Automobile industry was already struggling since 2019 but then the situation was worsened by the Covid-19, with low demand for new vehicles. However, things started to show positive signs of improvement. New Year started with a bang. After the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, it was expected that the auto industry will grow stronger in 2021. Sales of passenger vehicles increased in January 2021, by 11.14% according to the data from the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers. Most of the cars have managed to maintain their numbers and some of them performed better than January 2020.
Most of the carmakers were quite happy by launching their new products. In January 2021, 2.77 Lakh passengers’ vehicles were sold and 14.30 Lakhs units of Two-Wheelers were sold. While in January 2020 total sales were 2.49 Lakhs.
In January 2021, more than 1.39 Lakh cars were sold by four-wheeler maker whereas last year it 1, 39,844 units were sold.
Here, is the comparison of the top 10 cars sold in January 2021 and in January 2020
|RANK||CAR||Units Sold in January 2021||Units Sold in January 2020||YoY%|
|1.||Maruti Suzuki Alto||18,260||18,914||-3.5|
|2.||Maruti Suzuki Swift||17,180||19,981||-14.0|
|3.||Maruti Suzuki Wagon R||17,165||15,232||12.7|
|4.||Maruti Suzuki Baleno||16,648||20,485||-18.7|
|5.||Maruti Suzuki Dzire||15,125||22,406||-32.5|
|7.||Hyundai Venue ||11,779||6,733||74.9|
|8.||Maruti Suzuki Eeco||11,680||12,324||-5.2|
|9.||Hyundai Grand i10 Nios||10,865||8,774||23.8|
|10.||Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza||10,623||10,134||4.8|
- Just like 2020, Maruti Suzuki is still in the top 5 of year the 2021.
- The Top 4 cars were Hatchbacks and were primarily Maruti Suzuki models. Nevertheless; only 1 model posted a YoY growth.
- Alto is the top sold car of January 2021 but there is a decrease of 3% as compared to 2020.
- There are only two SUVs in the Top 10 that are Venue and Creta. The YoY growth is 74.9% and 78% respectively.
- Maruti Eeco however, have a fall of 5.2%
- Hyundai overall grew a moderate 24% YoY and held to its market share by 1.1% vs last year.
From the data, we can figure out that from January 2021, the Indian Auto Industry has started healing and recovering. Maruti Vitara Brezza (10,623) and Hyundai Grand i10 (10,865) managed to cross the 10,000 marks in January 2021. With the arrival of all-new models, customers are all the more attracted to owning a car. It must be taken into consideration that after the pandemic auto-mobile industry has accelerated the adoption of a new vehicle.
Also Read: Maruti Vitara Brezza Features, Price, and Specification 2021
- Top-10 Car Units sold in September 2021 - October 22, 2021
- Technology enabled Tools That Have Spiked The Growth of AutoFlipz - October 9, 2021
- How To Increase Life Of Car Tyres- Find it Out HERE - September 25, 2021