The new Tata Tigor EV has been launched in India on 31 August 2021 and, it is more than what we were expecting.
Firstly, for the people who could not understand what is EV, it means an Electronic Vehicle. This EV is claimed to have an impressive pick-up of 0 to 60 km/hour in just 5.7 seconds. (Insane, right?)
Also, it has been rated 4-stars in the crash test, NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme) ratings.
Tata Motors never fails to leave us awestruck with its new car models and series of new and never-seen-before innovations. This ‘electronic’ concept of Tata Tigor has been in pipeline for almost 6 years now. However, its hands-on reports were first developed in 2018. New concepts like the Ziptron technology were fiction, but thanks to the ongoing advancements in the mechanical and automobile sector that Electric cars are now running on roads.
Ziptron Technology is the fundamental block for REVs. It is using Ziptron is claimed to have an ARAI range of 306 km which is far more than its previous versions. This technology is still a mystery for all of us, but Tata took the stage back in early 2019 and introduced an EV technology ‘that is built for Indians and keeping in mind the Indian conditions of automobile traffic’. For now, it is known that this technology uses compacted lithium cells that when charged once can drive up to 250 kilometers, yes! 250 km in a single charge!
General Specifications of Tata Tigor EV:
New Tata Tigor EV with Ziptron technology is now launched in India and you can avail it from private buyers through Tata Dealerships or online bookings. This electric vehicle comes in three broad variants namely, XE, XM, and XZ+
All these cars are speculated to have different capacities of henry storage and expenditures however their specific features are still not public. Let us see some of the features the new Tata Tigor EV has to offer:
- Power and Battery capacities: New Tata Tigor 2021 comes with a battery pack of 26 kWh Lithium-ion units. This battery pack has been rated IP67 for water and dust-proofing standards. It gets a 330V high voltage mechanism that is sustained using a magnet synchronous motor producing 75 horsepower about 170 Nm.
- Exteriors and Design: Tata has put in a lot of work and ‘facelifted’ their previous version of Tigor to produce the Tigor EV. It is no surprise that it had to have a gloss finish to complement the concept of being as smooth and radiant as the ‘electricity. The traditional grilles have been replaced by the electric blue accent to give this car a new tinge. The Tigor EV also has projector-type headlamps that have a luminance power of about 1000-1400 Lumens.
- Other features: It gets a 7-inch LED touchscreen to cater to your infotainment needs with Apple CarPlay and Android auto. It had automatic climate control and enhanced cruise control. It comes with dual airbags in the front cabin and rear parking sensors and cameras which could be accessed through the display screen. The system has 4 speakers and 4 tweeters to keep you engaged while you drive.
It is known for most affordable electronic vehicle in the automobile sector of India. Earlier this title was with Tata Nexon EV which had a base price of Rs. 14 lakhs and ranged to 16.85 lakhs.
|Variants (in India)
|Price (showroom price)
|Tata Tigor EV XE 2021
|Rs 11.99 Lakhs
|Tata Tigor EV XM 2021
|Rs 12.50 Lakhs
|Tata Tigor EV XZ+ 2021
|Rs 12.99 Lakhs
|Tata Tigor EV XZ+ Dual Tone 2021
|Rs 13.15 Lakhs
- Mahindra XUV300 (2021) | Variants, Prices and its Features - October 8, 2021
- Renault Duster | Specifications, Prices and Features - September 21, 2021
- Kia Carnival General Specifications, Prices and Features - September 18, 2021