In the year 2020, the COVID pandemic hit the country. In effect, the car sales went down to zero. However, there was a sudden surge in the automobile sector in the month of August 2020. Even so, the numbers saw a double-fold overall growth in the year 2021. In addition, the FADA collects and organizes this data. In effect, the famous names, like Hyundai, Mahindra, Tata Motors, etc. saw an increase in their sales.
Further, see the list of August 2021 top 10 cars according to selling units (descending order):
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno – 15,646
- Alto – 13,236
- Maruti Vitara Brezza -12,906
- Hyundai Creta -12,597
- Maruti Suzuki Swift -12,483
- Maruti Suzuki EECO -10,666
- Tata Nexon – 10,006
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R – 9,628
- KIA Seltos – 8,619
- Hyundai Venue – 8,377
|S No.||Model||August 2021||August 2020||YoY%||Growth|
|4||Maruti Suzuki Brezza||12,906||6,903||+86.96%||6,003|
|6||Maruti Suzuki Baleno||15,646||10,742||+45.65%||4,904|
|8||Maruti Suzuki Spresso||7,225||5,312||+36.01%||1,913|
|10||Maruti Suzuki EECO||10,666||9,115||+17.02%||1,551|
|16||Maruti Suzuki Alto||13,236||14,397||-8.06%||-660|
|17||Maruti Suzuki Swift||12,483||14,869||-16.05%||-2,386|
|19||Hyundai i20 NIOS||8,023||10,190||-21.27%||-2,167|
|20||Maruti Suzuki Wagon R||9,628||13,770||-30.08%||-4,142|
Indeed, there are many models which have gained popularity. Conversely, some were just on the edge. Thereupon, let’s seek the top 20 cars of August 2021. In the same fashion, the data is in descending order of YoY%:
Synopsis of August 2021 Top Cars:
- To begin with the analysis of August 2021 YoY% growth, some observations are very obvious. Tata and Maruti Suzuki have set the record straight for selling the most units. In fact, it has resorted to gain the top 3 spots of highest sold units in August 2021.
- Earlier, in August 2020, we saw that hatchbacks like Maruti Suzuki Alto and Swift had the highest selling units. In the same fashion, hatchbacks have secured top 2 spots. These hatchbacks are Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Alto.
- Even so, gaining the second spot in the total sold units, Alto faced a drop. Therefore, this loss hit Maruti Suzuki in 2021. In August 2020, over 14,300+ units of Alto were sold. Conversely, only 13,236 units of Alto were sold in 2021. Therfore, this accounted for a loss of -8.06%.
- Further, Maruti Suzuki Baleno turned out quite well on the growth front. In August 2020, around 10,700+ units were sold. However, in August 2021, as much as 15,646 units of Baleno were sold. For this reason, Baleno has been ranked first in the total number of sales. Baleno88 comes in manual as well as automatic transmission. This is undoubtedly a plus point in a hatchback, generally.
- In addition, Toyota Innova became one of the cars with the highest growth percentage. Innova has always satisfied the requirements of Indians. In the same fashion, it is spacious and comfortable. It sold 2,934 units in 2020, while in 2021 it sold 5,755 units.
- Likewise, Mahindra XUV300 is the show stopper to achieve the highest YoY% of growth. However, the number of units sold is less, compared to Baleno or Alto. In particular, the XUV300 is one of the best SUVs made in India. In contrast, Maruti Suzuki Wagon R saw a 30% decline in total production. However, it managed to rank above the Mahindra XUV300 in total units sold and settled on 8th position in the ranking.
- Furthermore, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Brezza, and Hyundai Creta managed to sell over 12,000 units each. Even so, selling such numbers, these cars faced uneven growth percentages. Meanwhile, Swift was declining, and its growth percentage dropped by 16.05%, on the other hand, Brezza’s growth percentage shot up by 86%. About 6,903 units of Brezza were sold in August 2020 but, conversely, August 2021 sales were 12,906 units. Further, Creta landed with +7.14% growth, by selling 12,597 units in August 2021, compared to 11,758 units in August 2020.
- Meanwhile, EECO came out of the blue. Surprisingly, it managed to score +17.02% growth by selling 10,666 units. In addition, the three SUVs fighting for the place of best in the market are Nexon, Seltos, and Venue. In the same vein, KIA Seltos and Maruti Suzuki Venue sold 8,619 and 8,377 units respectively. However, Seltos had to face a 19.11% decline in August YoY. Meanwhile, Maruti Suzuki Venue settles for a 1.33% growth percentage. Tata Nexon enjoyed a 93.02% growth by selling 10,006 units in 2021, compared to 5,179 units in 2020.
- Honda Amaze and Honda Amaze both managed to grow from last year, with a growth percentage of 78% and 42.84%.
Besides, compact SUVs S Presso by Maruti Suzuki and Triber by Renault saw growth with 36.01% and 0.15%
Looking at the analysis at length, as compared to other brands, Maruti Suzuki has played well. It has the maximum number of cars and simultaneously it has the greatest gross percentage of growth.
- Mahindra XUV300 (2021) | Variants, Prices and its Features - October 8, 2021
- Renault Duster | Specifications, Prices and Features - September 21, 2021
- Kia Carnival General Specifications, Prices and Features - September 18, 2021